Restoring damaged teeth to enhance your smile.
What is a dental crown?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped "cap" that is placed over a tooth; covering the tooth to restore its shape and size, strength, and to improve its appearance.
Why would I need a dental crown?
A dental crown is suggested for the following conditions:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To cover a dental implant
What are the benefits?
- Dental crowns are durable and lasts for years
- The look of the tooth will be natural
- Full function will be restored to the tooth
- The tooth will be completely protected
- A destroyed tooth will get its initial shape after the placement of the crown